By Maurice Curtis
By Rui de Pina
Rui de Pina, cronista e diplomata português (1440-1552)
Este livro apresenta «Chronica de El-Rey D. Affonso II», de Rui de Pina.
- Prologo Ao Leitor
- Como O Ifante Dom Affonso Foi Alevantado Por Rei E Como Foi Cazado, E Com Quem, E Que Filhos Legitimos Houve
- Das Desavenças Que Houve Antre El-rei D Affonso, E As Ifantes Suas Irmãs, E Da Guerra Que Sobre Esso Se Moveo
- Como Foi Pelo Papa Procedido Contra El-rei D Affonso Por Causa Da Contenda Que Havia Com Suas Irmãs
- Do Fundamento Que Houve Para Alcacere Do Sal, Que period De Mouros, Ser Cercado, E Tomado Dos Christãos, E Do Bispo De Lisboa Principalmente
- Como Alcacere Foi Cercado, E Com Que Numero De Gente Portuguezes E Tambem Estrangeiros
- Dos Reis Mouros Que Vieram Por Soccorro Da Villa De Alcacere, E Da Primeira Batalha Que Deram, Em Que Foram Victoriosos
- Da Segunda Batalha Que Houve Sobre Alcacere, E Como Os Reis Mouros Foram Vencidos, E Feito Grande Estrago Em Suas Gentes
- Como Os Christãos Combateram E Tomaram O Castello Dalcacere
- Como Cinco Frades Italianos Da Ordem De S Francisco Foram A Marrocos A Prégar A Fé De Christo
- Como Os Frades Chegaram A Casa Do Ifante Dom Pedro
- De Um Milagre Que Se Fez Por Causa De Frei Berardo, E Como Foram Presos E Atormentados Os Outros Frades
- Como El-rei De Marrocos Fallou Com Estes Frades
- Como Os Corpos Dos Martyres Foram Queimados, E Despedaçados, E Emfim Recolhidos Por Devação, E Industria Do Ifante Dom Pedro
- Como O Ifante D. Pedro Foi twister A Espanha
- Como As Reliquias Dos Martyres Foram Recebidas
- Da Morte Del-rei Dom Affonso
By Barbara Crossley
This e-book compiles, and will pay homage to, the very best canal paintings of Harley Crossley.
By Michael Brettin,Peter Kroh,Eva Schweitzer,Steven Kinzer,Otto Donath,Cindy Opitz
Dr. Michael Brettin, born 1964, studied heritage, Politics and Slavistics and graduated with a PhD in heritage from Hamburg college. His dissertation tested the nationality query within the Soviet Union lower than Gorbachev. he's additionally a graduate of the Hamburg tuition of Journalism (Henri-Nannen-Schule). at present, he features as a bit editor for the day-by-day newspaper ,,Berliner Kurier”. His paintings at the historical past of The Berlin Wall used to be released in twelve matters and as undefined. He lives along with his spouse, his daughter and his son in Berlin.
About Otto Donath
Otto Donath used to be born in Berlin in 1898. in the course of global conflict II, he labored as a photographer for the propaganda corporation of the Wehrmacht corporation 689. After 1945, he took photos first for the Soviet military, later for a couple of newspapers and magazines in East Berlin, between them Neue Berliner Illustrierte and Für Dich. He died in 1971, in Berlin.
About Peter Kroh
Peter Kroh, born in 1950, has labored as a photograph reporter for a few East German newspapers, between them Junge Welt in Berlin, and Thüringer Allgemeine. In 1995, after the Berlin Wall had come down, he moved to the German capital to paintings for Berliner Kurier. Kroh turned the picture editor of the paper. this present day, he's retired. He lives in a small city close to Berlin.
About Stephen Kinzer
Stephen Kinzer is an award-winning international correspondent who has coated greater than 50 international locations, often for the recent York instances. He was once leader of the Berlin bureau among 1990 and 1996. this present day, he's a traveling fellow at Brown college. His newest e-book is “The Brothers: John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles, and Their mystery international War.”
By Christopher W. Close
By Jefferson P. Webb
This tale of 1 younger Scandinavian's plight to discover self is stuffed with event, religion, love, revenge and the unforgiving brutality of battle. Ants within the solar brings to existence the folks of the Viking Age and the demanding situations they confronted. For the enthusiasts of excessive event and tales with characters as genuine because the humans nowa days, it is a booklet that's challenging to place down.
By Annie Ring
analyzing works of literature seeing that German unification within the mild of formerly unseen records from the documents of the Stasi, After the Stasi uncovers how writers to the current day have explored collaboration as a problem to the sovereignty of subjectivity. Annie Ring the following interweaves shut research of literary fiction and life-writing via former Stasi spies and sufferers with records from the archive, new readings from literary modernism and cultural theories of the self. In its pursuit of the unusual energy of the Stasi, the booklet introduces an archetypal personality within the writing of German unification: one that isn't really sovereign over her or his activities, yet as a substitute is forced by way of an valuable to collaborate – an primary that persists in new kinds within the post-Cold warfare age.
Ring's learn identifies a huge old shift after 1989, from a collaboration that came about in live performance with others, in a way which may be recorded within the archive, to the extra remoted and eventually much less in charge complicities of the capitalist current. whereas contemplating this shift within the most modern texts by way of East German writers, Ring provocatively means that their bills of collaboration below the Stasi, and of the less-than-sovereign subjectivity to which it attests, stay pressing for realizing the complicities to which we proceed to consent within the current day.
By Mack P. Holt
By Stanislav J. Kirschbaum
This vintage ebook bargains the main complete and updated background of Slovakia, from its institution at the Danubian simple to the current. whereas paying tribute to Slovakia's resilience and fight for survival, it describes contributions to ecu civilization within the center a while; the improvement of Slovak awareness in keeping with Magyarization; its fight for autonomy in Czechoslovakia after the Treaty of Versailles; its resistance, because the first Slovak Republic, to a Nazi-controlled Europe; its response to Communism; and the trail that ended in the production of the second one Slovak Republic. Now totally up-to-date to the current day, the e-book examines the vagaries of Slovak post-Communist politics that ended in Slovakia's club in NATO and the eu Union.
By Evan Adams