By B.S. Dhillon
Computer structures became an incredible portion of the area economic system, with billions of greenbacks spent every year on improvement, manufacture, operation, and upkeep. Combining insurance of machine process reliability, security, usability, and different comparable themes right into a unmarried quantity, Computer procedure Reliability: defense and Usability gets rid of the necessity to seek advice many various and numerous resources seeking the data required to layout higher desktops.
After proposing introductory points of laptop process reliability corresponding to safeguard, usability-related proof and figures, phrases and definitions, and resources for acquiring worthy details on computing device procedure reliability, protection, and usefulness, the book:
- Reviews mathematical ideas thought of precious to figuring out next chapters
- Presents a variety of introductory elements of reliability, protection, and value and machine method reliability basics
- Covers software program reliability review and development methods
- Discusses vital features of software program caliber and human blunders and software program insects in machine systems
- Highlights software program safeguard and net reliability
- Details vital facets of software program usability together with the necessity for contemplating usability through the software program improvement part, software program usability engineering procedure, software program usability inspection tools, software program usability try tools, and instructions for engaging in software program usability testing
- Elucidates internet usability proof and figures, universal layout mistakes, online page layout, instruments for comparing internet usability, and inquiries to assessment web site message communique effectiveness
- Examines very important facets of machine process lifestyles cycle costing
Written through platforms reliability professional B.S. Dhillon, the booklet is available to all degrees of readership, making it priceless to rookies and pro execs alike. Reflecting useful developments in laptop engineering in particular within the sector of software program, Dhillon emphasizes the significance of usability in software program platforms and expands reliability to internet usability and administration. It offers tools for designing platforms with elevated reliability, security, and usability.
Read Online or Download Computer System Reliability: Safety and Usability PDF
Similar systems architecture books
Describing and designing complicated digital structures has turn into an overpowering activit)' for which VHDL is displaying more and more worthy and promising aid. even if created as an outline language. VHDL is being more and more used as a simulatable and synthcsizablcdcsign language. For the 1st time, this is abook which describesa variety of specified and robust methods VHDL can be utilized to resolve common layout difficulties in platforms ones which needs to be designed safely in vcry brief periodsoflime.
This ebook introduces the idea that of autonomic computing pushed cooperative networked method layout from an architectural viewpoint. As such it leverages and capitalises at the proper developments in either the nation-states of autonomic computing and networking by means of welding them heavily jointly. particularly, a multi-faceted Autonomic Cooperative method Architectural version is outlined which includes the proposal of Autonomic Cooperative Behaviour being orchestrated by means of the Autonomic Cooperative Networking Protocol of a cross-layer nature.
A developer's wisdom of a computing system's standards is inevitably imperfect simply because organisations swap. Many necessities lie sooner or later and are unknowable on the time the process is designed and equipped. to prevent burdensome upkeep bills builders needs to for that reason depend on a system's skill to alter gracefully-its flexibility.
This e-book presents a single-source reference at the use of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) as interconnect fabric for horizontal, on-chip and 3D interconnects. The authors show the makes use of of bundles of CNTs, as leading edge undertaking fabric to manufacture interconnect through-silicon vias (TSVs), for you to enhance the functionality, reliability and integration of 3D built-in circuits (ICs).
- Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
- Reliability and Failure of Electronic Materials and Devices
- Model-Based Design of Adaptive Embedded Systems
- High Quality Test Pattern Generation and Boolean Satisfiability
- Computers as Components: Principles of Embedded Computing System Design (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
- Formal Specification Level: Concepts, Methods, and Algorithms
Additional info for Computer System Reliability: Safety and Usability
Computer System Reliability: Safety and Usability by B.S. Dhillon