By Rob Farber
As the pc retools to leverage vastly parallel pix processing devices (GPUs), this ebook is designed to fulfill the desires of operating software program builders who have to comprehend GPU programming with CUDA and bring up potency of their tasks. CUDA software layout and Development begins with an advent to parallel computing thoughts for readers with out earlier parallel adventure, and makes a speciality of problems with instant value to operating software program builders: attaining excessive functionality, protecting competitiveness, examining CUDA merits as opposed to expenditures, and identifying software lifespan.
The publication then info the concept in the back of CUDA and teaches find out how to create, learn, and debug CUDA purposes. all through, the focal point is on software program engineering matters: how one can use CUDA within the context of current program code, with current compilers, languages, software program instruments, and industry-standard API libraries.
Using an process sophisticated in a chain of well-received articles at Dr Dobb's magazine, writer Rob Farber takes the reader step by step from basics to implementation, relocating from language thought to sensible coding.
- Includes a number of examples development from uncomplicated to extra complicated purposes in 4 key parts: computer studying, visualization, imaginative and prescient acceptance, and cellular computing
- Addresses the foundational concerns for CUDA improvement: multi-threaded programming and the various reminiscence hierarchy
- Includes educating chapters designed to offer a whole knowing of CUDA instruments, recommendations and structure.
- Presents CUDA options within the context of the they're carried out on in addition to different varieties of programming that might support readers bridge into the recent material
Read Online or Download CUDA Application Design and Development PDF
Best systems architecture books
Describing and designing complicated digital platforms has develop into an overpowering activit)' for which VHDL is exhibiting more and more beneficial and promising aid. even supposing created as an outline language. VHDL is being more and more used as a simulatable and synthcsizablcdcsign language. For the 1st time, this is abook which describesa variety of special and strong methods VHDL can be utilized to unravel average layout difficulties in platforms ones which has to be designed appropriately in vcry brief periodsoflime.
This ebook introduces the idea that of autonomic computing pushed cooperative networked method layout from an architectural standpoint. As such it leverages and capitalises at the correct developments in either the nation-states of autonomic computing and networking via welding them heavily jointly. particularly, a multi-faceted Autonomic Cooperative approach Architectural version is outlined which contains the suggestion of Autonomic Cooperative Behaviour being orchestrated through the Autonomic Cooperative Networking Protocol of a cross-layer nature.
A developer's wisdom of a computing system's requisites is inevitably imperfect simply because enterprises switch. Many requisites lie sooner or later and are unknowable on the time the approach is designed and outfitted. to prevent burdensome upkeep expenses builders needs to consequently depend upon a system's skill to alter gracefully-its flexibility.
This publication offers a single-source reference at the use of carbon nanotubes (CNTs) as interconnect fabric for horizontal, on-chip and 3D interconnects. The authors reveal the makes use of of bundles of CNTs, as cutting edge undertaking fabric to manufacture interconnect through-silicon vias (TSVs), which will enhance the functionality, reliability and integration of 3D built-in circuits (ICs).
- Architecture Exploration for Embedded Processors with LISA
- The Enterprise Architecture IT Project: The Urbanisation Paradigm
- Embedded Software Development for Safety-Critical Systems
- Rechnerarchitektur: Einführung in den Aufbau moderner Computer (De Gruyter Studium) (German Edition)
- Disruptive Logic Architectures and Technologies: From Device to System Level
- Learning Computer Architecture with Raspberry Pi
Extra resources for CUDA Application Design and Development
CUDA Application Design and Development by Rob Farber